A Ranging Guide OSRS is a combat skill that allows players to attack enemies from a distance using bows, crossbows, and thrown weapons such as knives and javelins. Ranging is a popular choice for players who want to avoid taking damage while still dealing significant damage to their enemies.
- To start ranging, players will need a ranged weapon and some ammunition.
- Popular ranged weapons include the short bow, longbow, and crossbow.
- Ammunition options include arrows for bows and bolts for crossbows.
- Players can also use throwing weapons such as knives and darts.
- Ranged armor, such as leather or dragonhide, will also help to protect players from ranged attacks.
- Ranging experience can be gained by attacking enemies with a ranged weapon.
- Players can also gain experience by completing ranged-based quests and minigames.
- Some popular training methods include:
- Ranging chickens at the Lumbridge chicken farm
- Killing cows and alch-flipping cowhides at the Al-Kharid tannery
- Killing rock crabs in Rellekka
- Killing suqahs on Lunar Isle
Tips and tricks
- Always use the best ranged weapon and ammunition that you can afford.
- Use the right type of ammunition for the enemy you are attacking.
- Take advantage of cover to avoid taking damage.
- Use the special attack of your ranged weapon when it is fully charged.
- Use the “Rapid” or “Rapid Fire” ability to increase your attack rate.
- When using a bow, be aware of the arrow drop and adjust your aim accordingly.
- Use the “Long Range” ability to increase your accuracy and maximum range when using a bow.
Ranging is a versatile and powerful combat skill that can be used to attack enemies from a distance. With the right equipment, training, and tactics, players can become skilled rangers and take on even the toughest of foes.