Mining is a members-only skill that allows players to extract ores, gems, rune essence, and other resources from rocks in mines throughout RuneScape.
This guide will provide an overview of the basics of mining, including the tools needed, the OSRS Mining Guide locations, and the types of ore that can be mined.
Tools and Equipment:
- To begin mining, players will need a pickaxe. The type of pickaxe required depends on the type of ore being mined.
- A Bronze pickaxe is the lowest level pickaxe and can mine copper and tin ores.
- Iron pickaxe can mine coal, mithril, and adamant ores.
- Steel pickaxe can mine blurite, gold, and adamant ores.
- Mithril pickaxe can mine adamant and runite ores.
- Adamant pickaxe can mine runite ores.
- Rune pickaxe is the best pickaxe and can mine runite ores.
There are many different mining locations in OSRS, each with its own unique set of ores. Some popular mining locations include:
- The Dwarven Mine, located in Falador, contains gold, coal, mithril, and adamantine ores.
- The Al-Kharid Mine, located in Al-Kharid, contains copper and tin ores.
- The Rimmington Mine, located in Rimmington, contains iron ores.
- The Lumbridge Swamp Mine, located in Lumbridge Swamp, contains clay ores.
- The Wilderness Resource Area, located in levels 50-55 wilderness, contains runite ores.
Types of Ore:
There are many different types of ore that can be mined in OSRS, each with its own unique properties and uses. Some of the most popular ores include:
- Copper and tin ores are used to create Bronze bars.
- Iron ores are used to create Iron bars.
- Coal ores are used to create Steel bars.
- Mithril ores are used to create Mithril bars.
- Adamant ores are used to create Adamant bars.
- Runite ores are used to create Runite bars.
Mining is a great skill to train in OSRS, as it provides access to a wide variety of ores that can be used to create powerful weapons and armor. By following the guidelines outlined in this guide, players can quickly and efficiently mine the ores they need to progress their characters.