OSRS Farming Guide is a members-only skill in Old School RuneScape (OSRS) that allows players to plant, grow and harvest a variety of crops. In this guide, we will go over the basics of the Farming skill and provide tips on how to level up quickly and efficiently.
OSRS farming is a popular in-game skill that allows players to harvest crops and herbs, raise animals, and produce various items. It’s not only a great way to make money but also an enjoyable activity for those who love the outdoorsy lifestyle.
However, starting out with OSRS farming can be overwhelming as there are many things to consider such as which crops to grow, how to manage your patches efficiently, and what equipment you’ll need. That’s where this OSRS Farming Guide comes in handy. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll cover everything from the basics of farming and crop rotations to advanced methods for maximizing your profits. So gear up and let’s get started!
Getting Started with Farming
To start training in Farming, you will need to have level 3 in the skill and then speak to the Farming Tutor located in the Farming Guild to start planting your first crops.
Once you have the required level and have spoken to the tutor, you will have access to different types of seeds to plant, and different patches to farm on.
Leveling Up Farming
- Leveling up Farming can be done by planting and harvesting different types of crops.
- Each crop has a different experience rate and a different set of requirements.
- As you level up, you will have access to more advanced crops and patches to farm on.
- To level up quickly, it is recommended to plant easy-to-grow crops such as potatoes and onions, as they have a high experience rate and low requirements.
Tips for Successful Farming
- To have successful farming, it’s important to pay attention to the health of your crops and the time it takes for them to grow.
- You can use compost or super compost to increase the health of your crops and use the Farming timer to keep track of the growth stage of your crops.
- It is also vital to protect your crops from pests by using the Pest control minigame or using scarecrows.
- When harvesting, it’s best to do it as soon as the crop is ready, to avoid losing any yield.
Advanced Farming Techniques
- As you gain more experience in Farming, you can start experimenting with advanced techniques such as using magic secateurs to increase your yield and using the Farming contract to hire a farmer to tend to your patch while you’re away.
- There are also some minigames that can give a good amount of farming experience such as the Tithe Farm minigame.
Farming is a skill that requires patience, attention to detail, and the right tools. By following this guide and leveling up your Farming skills, you can grow and harvest your crops efficiently. Remember to take care of your crops, protect them from pests, and harvest them on time. Use advanced techniques and minigames to level up faster and make the most of your time.