In the world of Old School RuneScape (OSRS), the Slayer Helm stands as a symbol of power and achievement. Crafted for players with a passion for Slayer tasks, this versatile helmet combines the benefits of several headgear items into one formidable piece of equipment. In this guide, we’ll take you through the process of creating your very own Slayer Helm.
What is a Slayer Helm?
The Slayer Helm in OSRS is not your ordinary headgear. It possesses unique properties that set it apart. This remarkable helmet offers protection, damage bonuses, and the special effects of both the Black Mask and the Hexcrest/Focus Sight. It’s a must-have for anyone serious about conquering Slayer tasks.
Unlocking the Recipe
The Recipe for a Slayer Helm
To begin your journey toward creating a Slayer Helm, you must first unlock the ability to combine its various components. This can be achieved by purchasing the “Full Slayer Helm” unlock from any Slayer Master, costing you 400 Slayer reward points.
How do you get a Slayer Helm in OSRS?
- To acquire a Slayer Helm in OSRS, you’ll first need to unlock the “Full Slayer Helm” ability. This can be accomplished by spending 400 Slayer reward points at any Slayer Master. Once unlocked, you can proceed to combine the necessary components.
Gathering the Required Components
Creating a Slayer Helm involves collecting specific components, including:
- Black Mask/Slayer Helmet: You’ll need one of these as the base.
- Earmuffs: These can be obtained during the “Smoking Kills” quest.
- Facemask: Acquire it as a reward from the “Desert Treasure” quest.
- Nose Peg: Obtainable during the “Eyes of Glouphrie” quest.
- Spiny Helmet: Craft this headgear with level 5 crafting using a Slayer’s Respite (Herblore) potion, a bronze med helm, and some nails.
- Enchanted Gem: This is a standard item given to you by Slayer Masters.
Also Read: What Skill is Most Profitable in OSRS
Crafting Your Slayer Helm
Combining the Components
Once you’ve collected all the required components, visit any Slayer Master capable of combining them. This service comes at a cost of 600,000 coins. Don’t forget to unlock the “Full Slayer Helm” ability to proceed.
Benefits of the Slayer Helm
Wearing a Slayer Helm is more than just a fashion statement; it grants several advantages when engaging in Slayer tasks:
- Enhanced Damage and Accuracy: The Slayer Helm offers a significant 15% boost to your attack and strength when battling creatures assigned in your Slayer tasks.
- Special Effects: It inherits the effects of a Black Mask (i) or a Salve Amulet (i) when imbued, and it also incorporates the powers of a Hexcrest for magical accuracy or a Focus Sight for ranged accuracy.
How long does it take to get 400 Slayer points?
- The time required to accumulate 400 Slayer reward points in OSRS can vary depending on your efficiency and the number of Slayer tasks you complete. On average, it may take several weeks or even months for most players to reach this milestone.
Imbuing the Slayer Helm
To unleash the full potential of your Slayer Helm, consider imbuing it at the Nightmare Zone. This requires an investment of 1,250,000 reward points, but the resulting enhancements make it even more powerful.
How do I imbue my Slayer Helm?
- To imbue your Slayer Helm, visit the Nightmare Zone and spend 1,250,000 reward points. This process augments the Slayer Helm’s bonuses and special effects, turning it into an even more formidable piece of equipment.
The journey to crafting a Slayer Helm in OSRS is a significant milestone for any Slayer enthusiast. With its combined attributes and unique effects, the Slayer Helm becomes a valuable asset during Slayer tasks. By following this step-by-step guide, you’ll be well on your way to creating your own Slayer Helm, ready to conquer any challenges that come your way.
If you found this guide helpful, please share it with your fellow adventurers in OSRS. May you enjoy your Slayer tasks to the fullest with your newly crafted Slayer Helm.
Also Read: Is Runecrafting Good Money OSRS